Students are not permitted to start any Distance Learning Science Investigation without completing the required safety training and signing this agreement.
I, ___________________________________, acknowledge and agree to all of the following:
- I have received the Distance Learning Science Laboratory Safety Manual from the instructor.
- I have carefully read and understand all of the information presented in the manual.
- I have taken and passed the Distance Learning Science Laboratory Safety Course that was assigned to me by the instructor.
- I will carefully read each Distance Learning Science Laboratory Investigation before starting the investigation, and I will follow all safety precautions as advised by the laboratory procedure.
- I understand that I am responsible for following the safety manual at all times, including the safety precautions specific to each laboratory procedure.
- I understand that failure to follow the safety manual and safety precautions contained in each laboratory investigation could result in a serious accident or injury to myself and others.
- I am aware that the Carolina Distance Learning™ Science Kit and the corresponding Science Investigations may contain hazardous materials, which—if not stored, handled, or disposed of properly—may be hazardous to me and others who may come in contact with the kit, especially young children and pets.
- I am aware that Carolina Distance Learning™ Science Kits and the corresponding Science Investigations may contain hazardous materials, particularly for students with chronic medical issues or who are pregnant or nursing. I will consult my physician or health care provider about potential risks associated with the laboratory if I have a medical issue or concern. I understand that I assume all liability if I decide to remain in the laboratory portion of the course.